Web Development Manager| Toronto, Ontario. Canada
HostCompute is looking for a Web Development manager who will be leading developers team as well as work closely with clients and developers hands on technical.
The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
Web Developer Skills and Qualifications:
Web experience such as,
- Proficient with PHP and MySQL
- Familiar with current web development trends
- WordPress CMS Experience
- Modx CMS development experience a huge plus
- WHM/Cpanel Experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiar with browser compatibility issues and organic SEO
- Solid understanding of CSS pre-processors
Candidate be a high-level of drive, discipline, creativity and motivation, Ability to laugh when others would whine, non-negotiable, Experience with leading projects/teams, Must have the ability to work independently, Excellent communication skills and Organize and manage a variety of projects and deadlines
Experience in, 2+, preferably in an agency environment, Daily tasks include but are not limited to Coding, coding, coding…coding, Assisting Jr. designers/developers, Quoting projects, Website planning and design and Client CMS training